Membership in the LCBA gives you access to a wide array of programs at member rates as well as the opportunity to join and participate in any of LCBA’s many committees. Most luncheons and programs offer CLE credit as well as networking opportunities with local attorneys, judges, legal educators, and others. The LCBA Board is currently exploring possible partnerships with local vendors to allow LCBA members to receive discounted products or services.
- Join or renew a membership online.
- Coming soon: Download a PDF Membership Application Form to mail us.
Types of membership
Open to all members of the Oregon State Bar and of the faculty of the University of Oregon School of Law. Persons with a JD from an ABA-accredited institution who are not members of the Oregon State Bar but who reside or maintain offices in Lane County, Oregon may also seek to become regular members by contacting the LCBA Board president and, if a member of a bar in another state, providing proof of good standing in that state’s bar. Regular members may vote and hold any elective or appointive offices on the LCBA Board subject to the requirements of the Bylaws. New admittees receive their first year of membership free!
Open to any person working in a law-related area, such as a legal secretary, paralegal, or legal assistant upon application and initial sponsorship by two Regular Members in good standing (which may be through letter or e-mail recommendation submitted with application). Affiliate Members may attend LCBA events and seminars (and apply for and receive credit through their respective professional organization), but may not vote, chair a committee, or become a member of the Board.
Law School Student Membership
Open to any student enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school. Law School Student Members may attend LCBA events and seminars but may not vote, chair a committee, or become a member of the Board.
Membership Rates (for 2017-2018):
- If paid on or before October 15, 2017: $50
- If paid after October 15, 2017: $60
- Partial year (if paid after 2/1/18): $30
- New Admittees (admitted to the Oregon State Bar on or after March 1, 2017, and not previously admitted in another state) and Law School Student Members: FREE
- If paid on or before October 15, 2017: $40
- If paid after October 15, 2017: $50
- Partial year (if paid after 2/1/18): Contact LCBA for rates